- 1 Top 5 Best Lotions For Your Baby
- 2 #1 Johnson Head-to-Toe Baby Lotion
- 3 Aveeno Baby Daily Moisture Lotion, For Delicate Skin, Fragrance Free, 18 Oz
- 4 California Baby Sensitive Lotion
- 5 Baby Moisturizing Lotion – Organic Aloe, Shea Butter, and Honey – Soothing & Calming for Eczema and Dry, Sensitive Skin – Fragrance Free, Natural Body Lotion – for Big Kids Too
- 6 Earth Mama Angel Baby Angel Baby Lotion 240 ml. (8 oz.)
- 7 Baby Lotion that Repels Mosquitoes
- 8 Johnson’s Baby Creamy Oil Aloe Vera & Vitamin E, 8.0 FL OZ
- 9 Which Baby Lotion is Safe – Things to keep in mind while purchasing a baby lotion
Confused by thousands of baby lotions available in the market?
Here are the things you should keep in mind while buying a baby lotion!
Being a mother of two, I have always been cautious about the things that I buy for my babies whether they are food items, toys or toiletries.
Baby skin has been known to be the most sensitive skin of any living being on our planet as it is 20 to 30 percent thinner than the normal human skin. So naturally, mothers get really worried while applying something on that delicate skin.
Most of the babies show an instant reaction if we apply adult cosmetics on them. It can clearly be said that baby skin is not suitable for the application of adult cosmetics.
This brings us to baby cosmetics or baby toiletries. The thing that most of the parents don’t understand is that not all the baby items are safe and suitable for their babies.
When we talk about baby lotions, it is best to pick the lotion that is not only suitable for your baby’s skin but is also hypoallergenic.
Top 5 Best Lotions For Your Baby
Due to thousands of over-the-counter baby lotions available in the market, most of the parents feel confused about which one they should buy.
Here are the top five baby lotion recommendation available on Amazon that I have narrowed down for you.
#1 Johnson Head-to-Toe Baby Lotion
Johnson has always been a famous and most reliable name when it comes to baby products that is why I prefer them over all the other baby product brands. Their products are mild, rich in moisture, loaded with vitamin E and highly suitable for the baby skin. If you are searching for a light-scented baby lotion for your little kiddo then here is something that is suitable for the entire body of your baby.
- This Johnsons Head-to-Toe Baby Lotion is not only mild but it contains the accurate portion of components to maintain the pH balance of your baby’s skin.
- Due to its moisture locking properties, this lotion is excellent for the after bath massage of your little prince.
- You can easily massage your baby’s body with this lotion instead of using any oil because this lotion is loaded with various essential oils perfect for the baby skin.
Aveeno Baby Daily Moisture Lotion, For Delicate Skin, Fragrance Free, 18 Oz
If your baby is allergic to scents then here is something which might suit his skin and not irritate his respiratory system at the same time. Aveeno Baby Daily Moisture Lotion is completely fragrance-free and has been created with natural ingredients including oatmeal.
- The presence of oatmeal in this baby lotion ensures the soothing effect on your baby’s skin, especially during the blistering summers.
- It contains non-greasy formula so your baby will not feel irritated by the lotion during the hot weather.
- The greatest feature of this lotion is that it moisturizes your little kiddo’s body for straight twenty-four hours.
- This lotion is not only suitable for the use during summers but it is also perfect for your baby’s skin during the winter season.
- Due to its excellent formula, it works wonders on dry skin especially if your baby is suffering from skin cracks.
If you ask me then it is also great for nappy rash.
California Baby Sensitive Lotion
If you are searching for something hypoallergenic then here is a perfect fit for your baby. California Baby Sensitive Lotion is free from any alcohol, nut oils, and soy or oat components so it can confidently be said that this lotion is perfectly safe for your baby. It is also free from all types of fragrances that is why it will prevent your baby from developing any sort of breathing problem.
- This lotion is loaded with aloe vera and vitamin E due to which it locks moisture inside your baby’s skin and protects it from dryness during the harsh weather.
- If your baby loves to spend most of his time in the water, then do massage his body with this lotion as it will keep his skin hydrated after the bath-time.
- Due to the fact that components of this lotion are blended into cold pressed vegetable oils, this lotion gives you the non-greasy feeling which seems perfect during the hot season.
- This lotion also protects your baby’s skin against the germs.
Baby Moisturizing Lotion – Organic Aloe, Shea Butter, and Honey – Soothing & Calming for Eczema and Dry, Sensitive Skin – Fragrance Free, Natural Body Lotion – for Big Kids Too
If you are searching for something purely organic then here is a complete gift for you. This Baby Moisturizing Lotion by Mee Beauty is the loaded with the bursting power of natural moisturizers. I used this lotion when my baby developed eczema and trust me it did work out.
- This lotion has been created with the perfect blend of aloe vera, sunflower seed oil, honey and shea butter due to which it provides two times more moisture to your baby’s body in comparison to the other baby lotions.
- If your baby has dry skin or has been suffering from eczema, then this lotion will instantly cure that skin condition by making the body soft and smooth.
- This lotion is completely safe for your little kiddo’s respiratory system as it is 100% fragrance-free.
- This lotion is totally harmless for your baby’s skin as it is free from parabens and phthalates.
- Some of the baby lotion-creating companies use petrochemicals in their products for the purpose of moisturizing the baby skin which is extremely harmful to the baby. This Baby Moisturizing Lotion, on the other hand, is completely free from such harmful components and moisturizes the baby’s skin through organic ingredients only.
Earth Mama Angel Baby Angel Baby Lotion 240 ml. (8 oz.)
If you are searching for something herbal then here is a lotion with natural ingredients and tempting fragrance.
- Just like its name, Earth Mama Angel Baby Angel Baby Lotion is perfect for the baby’s skin as it is completely free from artificial components and harmful chemicals.
- This lotion comes with the tasty scent of vanilla and orange so your baby will love the moments when you will massage this lotion over his body.
- It is totally free of all sorts of toxins including parabens and phthalates.
- None of the artificial dyes has been blended in the lotion; it comes with the natural color of its ingredients.
- It is a perfect soothing agent for dry, burning or itching skin.
Although this lotion is perfect in every aspect still I would strongly recommend you to seek your doctor’s advice before trying this on your baby if your baby is allergic to herbal components.
Baby Lotion that Repels Mosquitoes
Johnson’s Baby Creamy Oil Aloe Vera & Vitamin E, 8.0 FL OZ
- Creamy Aloe & Vitamin E
- Non-greasy , Long lasting moisturization creamy oil which absorbs quickly into the skin.
- Great substitute for lotion
This was accidentally discovered to work great to repel mosquitos, though Johnson & Johnson never claimed it as a bug repellent.
It had the benefits of oil without the greasy oil feeling, it works well enough as a mosquito repellent and left the skin amazingly smooth and silky.
Which Baby Lotion is Safe – Things to keep in mind while purchasing a baby lotion
There are certain things that you must keep in mind while purchasing a baby lotion for your little bundle of joy:
Pick the natural ones
Dermatologists mainly claim that natural baby lotions are comparatively safer for your baby. Natural baby lotions are the ones that contain herbs or botanical items to moisturize the skin of your baby. They are good in many aspects as they are free from harmful chemicals. However, these natural skin care lotions are not good for your baby if he/she is allergic to certain plants. And if asthma runs in the family then it’s best to consult your pediatrician before buying the natural baby lotion.
Keep an eye on all the components
You can’t purchase a baby lotion or any of the baby products by keeping a blind eye on the components. Some of the lotions contain the artificial colors or dyes that can be harmful to your baby’s skin. Do sniff the baby lotion before purchasing it because some of the lotions come with strong scents that can irritate your baby’s respiratory system.
Ditch the lotion that contains these two things
You must never buy the baby lotion that contains paraben or phthalate. Bear it in your mind that both of these components are EXTREMELY dangerous for your baby.
Lotions that say “Hypoallergenic” are not always true
It is very important for the parents to purchase hypoallergenic products for their babies. However, most of the lotions that carry the label “Hypoallergenic” are not always hypoallergenic. It means that your baby’s chances of developing an allergy from that particular product are comparatively low. But it doesn’t mean that your baby will not develop allergy due to the use of that product or that product is completely harmless for your baby.
Before buying any particular baby lotion, you must keep in mind that every baby’s tolerance level towards each baby lotion is different. Some babies can easily tolerate the baby lotions that come with various chemicals while some babies cannot tolerate them. There are also some babies who love to get a massage of herbal lotion while some can’t tolerate the smell of the herbal lotion. I would only advise you to analyze your baby’s skin reaction and breathing reaction closely before purchasing any particular lotion.
How long does baby lotion last?
From Johnson & Johnson, their products expire 3yrs from manufacturing date (except for those that have already display an expiry date).
When do you apply baby lotion?
Avoid applying baby lotion in the first few months, preferably after 4 months.
Your baby is covered with vernix at birth this is what will protect her skin, after birth she got bathed and every time her skin is exposed to water, soap, wipes etc. her natural oils diminish.
Your baby does not need to bathe every day in the first 6 months, 3 baths a week are enough.
Do use a soft baby sponge and clean baby’s face, neck folds, baby’s genitals and bottom with mild baby soap and she’s ready to go.