- Balance Bike Comparison for 12 to 18 Months old
- Tips on how to choose one for your child 12 – 18 Months Old
- Balance Bike Comparison for 1.5 to 3 years old
- Tips on how to choose one for 1.5 – 3years
- Balance Bike Comparison for 3 to 4 years old +
- Tips on choosing one for 3 – 4 years+
Balance Bike Comparison for 12 to 18 Months old
Which Balance Bike to get for your young toddlers, they have a clothing size of 12 months, with a height of 28.5 – 30.5 inches, with an Inseam of 8 – 10 inches.
The balance bikes below are perfect for your toddler who has recently learned to walk as they come with great features without all the distracting add-ons.
Tips on how to choose one for your child 12 – 18 Months Old
- When you’re in the race to select the best balance bike for your toddler, comfort is key. It’s important to get your child a bike that they are very comfortable with because this will allow them to learn faster. Isn’t that the main goal? Right? With the cool feature that this bike has, you can make sure that your child’s first experience with his bike will be filled with excitement.
Haro PreWheelz 10
- EVA Polymer tires are totally flat-proof and indoors safe.
- Adjustable saddle. 11-17 inches.
- Adjustable saddle ensures your child will grow with the bike.
- Its small size fits your toddler as young as 18 months.
- It has a simple steel frame and high-quality components that can handle long-term abuse.
- It’s quite friendly to your pocket.
- It has exposed bolts that may be a concern if you are a highly safety-conscious parent.
- Not intended for aggressive riding. It’s perfect for riding in the driveway, around the campground etc.
The Bottom-line is, if you’re the kind of parent who is very anxious to get your 1-year-old on a bike then this is a great pick for you. Its brand name, quality-construction, affordability and small size makes it an awesome first balance bike.
Chillafish Bunzi Balance Bike
This is an effective 2-in-1 balance bike. Perfect for a one-year-old. Great starter for 1-2 year old. Your toddler can best use it for first riding and street riding.
Crafted in durable materials
- It has a weight capacity of 55 pounds that will accommodate your child without any fear of the unit breaking. Since the frame is made up of high-quality, durable materials, even if the bike accidentally falls, it won’t suffer from great damage that may put your child at risk.
- Well, this is an interesting feature, I’m sure you will agree with me on this. The handle bars which are built-in with high-qualitymaterial are covered with a unique creative bunny style that your child will probably love.
- In addition, these handlebars offer your child the capacity to grip the bike easily for maximum control.
- It has really good wheels that make sure that your child gets a smooth ride always and easily. In addition, these smooth wheels make sure that your child can easily stop and go. Which will add fun and excitement during the learning stage.
- You can switch between 3-wheel mode and 2-wheel mode in a matter of seconds and you can switch back and forth as many times as you would like. So, you see how easy it is for your toddler to grow into?
- Built to last.
- Light and easy to carry by the handgrip.
- A nice storage tank in the seat where your toddler can carry some of his toys.
- Made of high-quality ABS material and wrapped in a unique bunny style that your toddler will definitely love. Offers the capacity to grip the bike easily so that your child can control it 100 percent.
- Has trusted wheels and can run smoothly and easily.
- High price. You can blame this on the high-quality materials.
Since the frame is made of high quality and durable materials, it guarantees that it will not suffer from great damage that may put your child at risk.
Wishbone 3 in 1 Balance Bike
If you’re looking for a balance bike that your toddler who has just started walking can use or will grow with your toddler, then the wishbone balance bike is what you need. It’s one of the smallest and tallest balance bikes in the market. This is possible because its frame can flip and adjust the seat height. The manufacturer of this bike made sure that it can evolve with the different stages of development of your child. The bike first comes as a Trike which later you can easily convert to a balance bike. It’s a wooden balance bike which is perfect for beginners.
- This bike is made of wood from plantation-sourced wood with an exception of the wheel sets.
- The bike wheels are made of recycled plastic
- The bike boasts of 12-inch pneumatic tires that give good traction for your toddler who likes to ride on different types of terrain.
- Rubber handgrips at the end of the handlebar.
- Adjustable seat height is adjustable to fit different ages of kids, so the bike evolves as your child grows.
This makes sure that your child doesn’t strain while riding the bike.
- The bike is made of environmentally friendly materials that have been recycled.
- Light in weight, making it very portable. So, this ultimately makes it easier for you as the parent to carry it around for your kid when the need arises. This means that you can easily load it in your vehicle and take it to a park.
- Allows for customization, you can find several stickers, grips and seat covers to personalize it.
- Exceeds toy safety standards in the U.S, U.K, and Australia.
- Extra feature that can transform the bike from “little bike” to “big bike” which is a very easy process.
Converts from a tricycle to full on bike.
- The tires may wear out easily.
- Overall, this bike has impressed many parents. With good care, the bike should last a long time. It’s unique, versatile and innovative. Offers value for money.
- This bike has been made with eco-friendly materials that are suitable for your toddler. Safety measures have been taken into account. This bike makes sure that your toddler has fun while at the same time their safety is assured. You can get this bike for your toddler and ride around the compound.
Zum Balance Bike
If you are like me and don’t want to break the bank and at the same time you don’t want to compromise on quality, then this is the perfect bike for your toddler.
- The bike has a wide tire base that will support your toddler while he is riding.
- To prevent your toddler slipping off while riding at a high-speed, the bike is designed more like a saddle.
- The bike offers a splinter free frame that’s made up of glass fiber that is equipped by nylon.
- This one has two types of brakes, a hand brake, and a rear brake.
- The steering handle is restricted to certain angles so that your toddler can be able to balance control while steering and doing some turns.
- Because of the likelihood of sweaty hands, this bike has a safety grip which will prevent the handle from slipping.
- Comes in all groups of children. You can find many brands for your 18month all the way to your 6-year-old. So as a parent, you are sure to get the right one for your toddler. In addition, you can get them in a variety of colors and styles like pedalled bikes.
- If you are one of those environmentally conscious parents, then the Zum balance bike is the one for your toddler. The models made of wood are made with birch wood which is an ecological resource.
- If you don’t properly take care of the bike, rot and warping can take place. This will eventually become the possible breakdown of wooden models.
- There are concerns whether to buy them or not since there is no assurance if they will last in the market. This is because they are relatively new and are still in the pioneering state.
- Some parents find that this bike is more expensive than its pedalled counterparts.
If you want to create a fun positive biking experience for your toddler, then you should consider this balance bike. It’s a balance bike that will help teach your child how to ride a bicycle without anxieties, tears and scraped knees. In addition, the bike will help build coordination and strength for your young toddler.PRICE & REVIEWS
Strider – 12 Sport Balance Bike
This bike is a great choice for your 18month toddler onwards. This means that your toddler can learn at an early age and then as he ages, he will be able to move up to a bigger regular bike. This bike has been built to provide your child with excitement while at the same time teaching important skills like coordination.
- This particular model is equipped with 12.7mm steel handlebars. They are 43% smaller than the standard ones, which makes it easier for your small toddler to control it.
- The footrests are strategically positioned right below the saddle. This makes it easier for use and comfort by your toddler. Your toddler will be able to glide, pump and jump while he has his feet on the footrests.
- The bike uses the EVA polymer type of tires. This type of material makes them very light and durable. This means that your toddler will have a nice, smooth ride every time.
- The brake kit is sold separately. So, you can buy one for your toddler once you feel they are ready for the next level. Why would you need to add a brake mount you may ask? Well, as your toddler becomes more proficient at using his feet to glide, you can add the brake mount for extra protection.
- The seats for this model were designed for your tiny toddler. They are small and narrow. They are also lighter than the usual saddle.
- Teaches your small toddler to ride the correct way at his own pace.
- Overall, I would say that this bike is perfect for any toddler just learning how to ride.
Balance Bike Comparison for 1.5 to 3 years old
Which Balance Bike to get for your 1.5 to 3 years child. For this stage, too small is better than too large when it comes to a balance bike. You want your toddler to be able to confidently touch the ground. So my advice is to go small. Don’t try to get one with “growing room.”
Tips on how to choose one for 1.5 – 3years
Make sure that your toddler has an inseam between 10 and 12 inches. Your toddler’s legs are short even though they might be taller for their age. Since your toddler may be a late walker or his feet may be wobbly, in such a case choose a lighter bike. Your child’s coordination skills haven’t developed yet, which is very normal.
For your child who is in this category, I recommend you to choose a balance bike that is lightweight and has a short saddle. At this age, your toddler will hardly use the brakes or footrest, so this can be overlooked. Choose tires that have foam tires.
Strider Classic Balance Bike
Super simple design, less expensive.
- Constructed using aluminum
- Ultra-lightweight 6.4lbs and easy to maneuver.
- Unique 12.7mm steel handlebar is 435 smaller than standard to allow better control with tiny hands. Custom logo mini-grips are soft urethane are soft urethane with protective ends.
- Ergonomically designed padded seat which ensures hours of comfortable riding for your toddler.
- Unique, built-in footrests for smooth, easy gliding.
- Puncture-proof materials that don’t need maintenance.
- Its small frame isn’t ideal for your taller rider.
- Not ideal for surfaces that are not paved.
Hape- Little Red Balance Bike
This is a good tricycle that your toddler can hop on for a Sunday outing or spin around the park. This one is a sturdy and dependable tricycle that has two front wheels for easier pushing and increased stability. It will encourage your toddler to actively play and prepare him for increased endurance as he gains confidence.
Beautifully crafted from wood. Transforms from walker to ride-on. Storage area underneath gives your toddler the perfect place to bring his favorite toys.
- Well-constructed rubber wheels
- Made of high-quality steel
- Sturdy and dependable tricycle features two front wheels for easier pushing and increased stability
- Not recommended for your toddler who is above 3 years old.
MyKick Balance Bike
Since your toddler skin is very sensitive, making him get easily irritated, this bike is made with comfortable rubber grips. This way as a parent you are assured that your toddler won’t be hurt at all as they ride.
This bike has Flat-free tires that are made in such a way that they will last for a long, long time so that there is no need for pumping tires at all.
Seat & Handlebars
It comes with a seat and handlebars that are adjustable. Aside from this, as a parent, you will love the way the seat is padded meaning that your toddler will be certainly comfortable while riding as compared to others that are plastic.
The bike has some excellent spoked wheels that come with aluminium rims. I prefer spoked wheels to any other wheels because these wheels offer strength and flexibility making them perfect for off-road stress.
- Easily adjustable handlebars for up, down, forward and back.
- They come 100% assembled. All you have to do is turn the handlebar, tighten it and your kid is ready to ride.
- The bike has ball bearing hubs and headseatso that your kid can have a smooth turn.
- The bike has an easy seat adjustment with a quick release.
- Low seat range, which starts at 12.5 inches which isperfect for your ½-year-old to fit and also for your somewhat taller toddler.
- Flat-free tires and steel spoked wheels with a better grip.
- Slim design and fun colors that your kid will love.
- Spoked wheels are metallic and so they might hurt your toddler.
- Some parents complain that the handlebars are always turn around.
- The bike doesn’t have a turn limiter to make sure that the handlebars don’t turn all around.
This bike is one of the best all-around balance bikes you can find in the market. It’s very durable, adjustable, affordable, lacking maintenance and really comfortable for your toddler.PRICE & REVIEWS
Cruzee Balance Bike
- Tires are EVA meaning they won’t get a puncture or deflate.
- Super lightweight but strong.
- Comes in amazing range of colors
- Relatively cheap
- Designed to last
- Can be adjusted.
The one thing that stands out like a sore thumb for this bike is its featherweight nature. In addition, with a minimum height of 60cm, it suits the smallest of children.PRICE & REVIEWS
Balance Bike Comparison for 3 to 4 years old +
Which Balance Bike to get for your child of 3 to 4 years old+. By the time your toddler is approaching their 3rd birthday, he will probably be too big for the smaller bikes for under 2-year-olds. This means that your toddler will need a balance bike with a larger seat height. So, you can aim at a model starting around 35cm. You have to make sure that the lowest setting of the seat is around 2.5-3cm lower than the inseam height of your toddler. This is just so that your toddler can get on and off the bike comfortably.
Tips on choosing one for 3 – 4 years+
Your toddler in this age category are more than likely keen on getting started with a pedal bike, but he is still hesitant to make the switch. Your toddler might still fear the training wheel of his current bike so there isn’t perfect time than this to get them a balance bike. Your toddler can handle extra features like foot rests, hand brake and the heavier weight of a balance bike of this size.
Joovy Bicycoo Balance Bike
Just like high-end bikes, this one is made of aluminum meaning it’s strong and lightweight. In addition, it’s very stylish.
- Pneumatic 12 inch tires which are refillable and assure a smooth ride for your toddler.
- This one has a hand brake for the rear tire.
- The seat is adjustable
- Easy to assemble and adjustable. You can put it together in just fifteen minutes.
- Very comfortable for your toddler to ride, thanks to the pneumatic tires.
- The seat post can only be adjusted up to 1.25 inches.
- The grips are made from foam rather than rubber, and it’s a little bit small.
Chicco Red Bullet Balance Bike
This one acts a comfortable stepping stone to pedaled bicycles. Wooden and plastic balance bikes have their advantages, but if you are a parent who wants a “real” bike for their toddler, then this bike will be a good option. Most children around 3ft should fit in it fine.
- Seat adjusts from 13 up to 15 inches in height
- Made from ultra-light metal
- Easy grip handles
- Solid non-inflatable tires.
- Very pocket-friendly as compared to the others.
- The height is adjustable
- Easy to assemble
- Sturdy and strong
- Ultra-light meaning you can move around with it from place to place with ease.
- Not suitable for children under 3years old.
- Not a great lifespan to the speed at which your child grows.
- Only for domestic use
- Foam tires means a bumpier ride and less traction
- Choking hazard, so you should be the one to assemble it.
If you are like me and you are on a tight budget then this balance bike is the answer to your prayers. The paint color is attractive to both boys and girls. Even if there are concerns about the choice of foam tires, overall, it’s a decent offering for the price. I recommend getting this bike if you have a few young toddlers in the family to pass it on to because of its small size.PRICE & REVIEWS
Designed for your toddlers aged 3-5years. It’s been designed to take your experienced rider on all types of terrain.
- Aluminum handlebars
- It has no weight limit, it’s actually strong enough for an adult.
- Seat adjusts with a quick release seat post clamp from 14 to 20 inches from the ground with 2 included seat posts.
- It’s a premium kids balance bike because of the materials chosenfor the frame’s construction, Aluminum.
- Strong and lightweight
It’s a premium balance bike with lightweight credentials to help get your toddler off to a great cycling start.PRICE & REVIEWS
Stampede balance bike
- Chunky pneumatic tires that give it an appearance of a genuine mini mountain bike. The pneumatic tires also help to provide a comfortable ride.
- Has a steel tube frame, alloy rims and a large padded seat that’s adjustable from 35-45cm. The frame is also lightweight, at 4.2 kgs.
- Large padded seat that’s adjustable from 35-45cm and really comfy.
- High-performance V-brake. It’s applied to the left handlebar and attached to the rear wheel meaning your child will get used to the principle of braking.
- Your child will get to save on their shoes as they will use the brake.
- You might find that this bike is slightly too big and heavy for a 2-year-old of average height.
Overall, this is a great all-rounded balance bike that looks cool but can stretch your budget a little bit.PRICE & REVIEWS
Kazam Balance Bike
This type of bike has been solely designed for kids belonging to the 3-6 years age group.
- Built with high-quality material
- Flexible handlebars that will provide safety. (18.75-22.5 inches)
- The bike boasts of a unique footrest that comes free of jagged edges or angles and flaunts a nice sleek design. This ensures the safety of your child by preventing his clothes or shoelaces from getting entangled while riding.
- The seat is ergonomically constructed and adjustable
- Pneumatic rubber tires that are not slippery as compared to the hard-plastic ones. The frames are made of aluminum which reduces friction.
- The rubber exterior ensures durability
- It has well-inflated tires that ensure safety for your toddler.
- Makes a comfortable ride because of its padded seat.
- The seat slopes downwards which may make your child slide.
- Because of its height weight and big size, it may come across tough for your toddler to balance himself initially.
- The acceleration of the bike is slow, though this is not such a bad thing for paranoid parents.
The most crucial thing to note is that this balance bike is light on your wallet! While at the same time it’s a suitable choice of a balance bike. Your toddler will enjoy the outdoors without any fear of falling or injury.PRICE & REVIEWS
Check out our Article on
‘How to Choose The Best Balance Bike for Your Toddler : Easiest way to teach a kid to ride a bike‘.